Friday, August 25, 2006

I decided I wanted to do something a little off the regular tourist track so went to a place I randomly saw on the news one day - the London Butterfly House. Just like a giant glass house similar to the Hamilton Gardens only a bit bigger and full of butterflies. It was really cool, much better than I expected (but then they were lowered) there were so many of them and I even got close enough to nature to get them to land on me, this little one is a chinese fan, and small compared to some of the palm sized ones there , it was almost enough to start me planning a trip to the amazon till I saw the next display - mexican bird eating spiders, whistling cockroaches and millipedes as thick as your thumb! imagine that in you sleeping bag - eeeeeergh maybe not.