Well there have been 3 heartbreaking, morale busting moments in the last month. The first was of course that I had to go back to work on the 3rd of January, honestly what a crazy idea, who does that!!!! However the kids seem to have undergone a bit of a change as well and it's not quite so bad now, infact I even have one class that I really enjoy going to, perhaps even look forward to!
The next two moments saw both the extreme highs and lows of teaching. On thursday of the second week there was bit of wind that shut half the country down and cut the power at lunchtime on thursday which means we all got to go home early because it gets dark at 3:30. I have never seen such an excited bunch of teachers at the possibilty that the power might be off on Friday morning and they would have to cancel school, infact I think we were almost more hopeful than the students. This of course only set us up for the crashing low when the 'schools off' call didn't come through and we all had to go back to work on friday, a clear case of raising expectations rather than lowering!
Finally last wednesday as I opened the door to leave for school at 7:00am, I noticed that it was a rather heavy frost, then I realised it was more than that, we had snow!!!!!!!!! Woohoo snow day, I hunted through my bag to find my phone in case the 'snow day' call had come through and I'd missed it, but depressingly no snow day had been called and we all had to work even though almost the entire public transport system had closed down. To make matters worse I had to work the entire day so I had no chance to get out and take photos :( and it will probably be the only time it snows all winter!!!! anyway I did get a couple of photos and because I was almost first up in the street it was pristine, and I found that fresh snow really does crunch when you walk on it, cool....