Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ok, well add to the list of injuries: skin shaved off one heel caused by bad paving, skinned toes by tent pegs left in ground and cut finger from attemting to remove said tent pegs from the ground. In fact due to the lack of rain, driving in tent pegs is rather like trying to hammer a nail into concrete, making them just as hard to remove. Add to this frustration being stuck on underground for 30 mins on my last day in rome and thus missing Vatican City, and haveing my cards stoppedc in Greece and Turkey because the bank couldn't work out that I was going overseas, even though I speciifically changed my account inoreder to do so, and before opening them again an indian with a bad accent over a crackiing line asked me what I had spent various amounts on over the last three weeks - the very definition of frustrating it was soooo hard to work out what I was being asked, I was tired and ofcourse I don't remember all my purchases from 3 weeks ago!!!!! Why do you mock me cruel world I am only trying to have a holiday!! I am rather afraid he caught the wrong end of a small tantrum and needless to say my cards are now working (for the mean time at least). So to all of those of you who are reading this and may be wishing they were out here, travelling can be a very frustrating and not always very enjoyable time.

Of course a lot of the time it is fantastic though and I am still thouroughly enjoying myself and have met a number of fun people on the camping tour. Here are additional photos for you to ponder over and given that each is worth precisely 1000 words, this is reasonably comprehensive for the last few days. Added to my list of things to eventually tell you all about is the following:

The acropolis in Athens - very funny (peurile) name for one of the buildings but can't find the photo at the mo
Flameco show
Hill top moasteries in Meteora
Squat toilets (unpleasant)
Day in Gallipoli and some of the stories from the Turk side
The incredibly long and difficult (but free for nzers) entry into turkey
Turtles
First use of squat toilet (actually didn't go too bad and I didn't fall in though still unpleasant)
Beach camping
Accidental poor poor batering at the grand bazzar in Istanbul where we are staying for two more nights and where I am currently writing this blog.
Zac