Picnicing it up in Raglan.
Today we decided it was such a great day that we couldn't not go out to Raglan in the VW. We decided assignments and study could wait another day and with that thought Alie, Stephen and myself packed up and departed for sunnier places.First we went to Bridal Veil Falls, Alie had been before but Stephen and I were new to the whole waterfall scene in Waikato. It is huuuuge, I had no idea, we couldn't picnic there though because it was a bit of a walk from the car and not much space and there were lots of couples being lovey dovey, which is a bit awkward for all involved on a platform only five or six metres square, Alie knew one of them and made me take secret photos to show her mum.
After the falls we went and had our picnic by the beach at the of the town. We had bacon and egg pie and it was good. While we were there there was a couple on the park bench who for all intensive purposes might as well have just got it on, they were so close anyway, Alie took some photos of them too, I'm a little worried about her :) We went for a walk, the water looked quite shallow, we saw a boat get stuck go out into the harbour, so I decided to walk across, turns out that the water was at least up to my waist, thats when I decided to turn back!
We then went and had afternnoon tea out at the lookouot over the beach. There were people paragliding, it looked pretty cool, maybe when Stephen is rich again he will buy one. We had chocolate cake and cups of tea and then some handicap boy wrote our names on the beach. On the way back I thought I saw a unicorn, but then i realised it was a doublecorn!!!!! Then it turned out just to be a donkey with pointy ears. They were very long and pointy, it was an easy mistake to make!
Zac