Mahia
After a hectic week of exams, work at the hospital, teaching at school and tutoring, I had a holiday at a friends bach in Mahia. The main reason was to take the VW back to Gisborne for Stephen and by 5pm i was just heading out of Hamilton. As I made my way up the kaimais, I felt a large drop in power and a very large increase in noise, like the exhaust had fallen off! Well there was nothing I could do except keep driving and I eventually pulled over at a rest stop near the top. The exhast had not fallen off. Infact I couldn't find anything wrong with it except the great deal of noise it made when it accelerated/went up hill.
I called Stephen and we decided to try for Gisborne any way so I limped along sometimes managing to make it up to 80 or so. Stephen met me in the gorge so I didn't get raped if the car broke down completely, luckily it did make it all the way, though pulled in to Gis shortly before 11pm. At this stage I was partially deaf though hearing has slowly returned.
Mahia itself was great! The weather was fantastic. We went out fishing on Saturday. I caught the first fish of the day but it was too small. Stephen caught some barracuda and then I caught another fish,but it was too small. Grace and Yo caught some cod and a john dory (see photo). I caught no more fish.
That night we had fish for dinner, some of Debra's special cocktail which was a real winner, you should sell that recipe! Then we had a fire and firworks down on the beach.
On Sunday we went out biscuiting on the back of the boat, it was incredible fun, I fell off a couple of times and then we saw a pod of dolphins, the came up and swam beside us, one close enough for Stephen to touch, though he didn't actually see it. We also did a bit of fishing but had no luck in this spot, though Stephen though he had some bigger bites, but it was just us tapping the handle of his rod when he wasn't looking, it was pretty funny, hahahahahaha.

