Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Monaco and Monte Carlo


So in September I went to Monaco for the day with my new friend Irene. From what I remember it was a pretty good day and we visited the giant aquarium that they have much like the one in Napier only with a much bigger main aquarium. They had lots of fishes and I took lots of photos. So why, I hear you ask, am I only blogging this event now. Well, you hear me reply, for that you would be best to ask Irene but then she doesn't have a blog and she would probably tell the story somewhat less accurately anyway.
Upon our return I wanted view the photos but not having a laptop of my own at that stage, we decided to use her's which was supposedly even easy with its fancy inbuilt card reader. I was a little doubtful when the card she removed was bigger and definitely not like mine, but the label by the slot definitely said SSD and Memory Stick Pro Duo, the second being the one that I have, so rather than spend 3 minutes getting my cable I decided to run with Irene's idea. So anyway there was definitely too much room for the card at first but the SSDs are bigger the the Duos and at half way in it was still not slotting into anything properly at which stage your ordinary regular person would think and then stop. I on the other hand am generally willing to go a bit further and thus at about 3/4 of the way in the card started to slot into something but was definitely to small and at this stage only just retrievable.
At this stage even I was ready to call it off take the card and spend just a couple of moments to get the cable and do the job properly. However, being sure that she was right and I was clearly being stupid Fingers McFingerson decided to push it all the way in, so much so that even her finger was inside the reader as well. At which stage I realised that the 1/2 way point was exactly where I should have stopped. I believe the next thing said was by Irene, along the lines of 'oh, it's not working'. It has taken until now for someone to work out how to get it out and thus a 3 minute operation has taken 2 months!




Oh and sorry if these pictures make you hungry Toni (O'Neill) but you know, not ALL sea life is for eating!!