Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Well I can't believe I brought a jacket with me the weather here is a ridiculous 35 degrees, though I wouldn't go so far as to say a heat wave as they seem to think it is here, just very hot, especially on the tube with no air conditioning and seemingly hundreds of people crammed into sardine tin sized carriages. I have adopted a mott - "what would jason do?" whenever I want to do something that might be a little 'iffy' which has kept me alive so far at least.

Other than losing the wheel off the tolleycase and having to lug a 21 kg case in one hand and a 7 kg bag in the other I managed to find my way to the accomodation. It has a disinct, almost musty smell to the room, but other than that is worth what I paid, the breakfast was great as well, but of the now five types I have tried all the tea in England is crap. Pehaps I will start importing some good ol dilmah from NZ! The Air NZ plane was awsome as was the emergency seat, each seat had a full selectiopn of movies and music and even games to play! The food was really good on Air NZ and ok on KLM though the number and type of meals often felt odd due to time differences. All the airports were incredibly well signposted and easy to navigate. Changi even had free to use massage chairs. The only place I found my camera cheaper was NZ and even then only by $10. At Changi they had an 'air train' between teminals and I had my first experience of moving walkways they were fun I found myself wanting to run - I would have been like the flash :)

I went into my school yesterday which is actually tuesday night your time, (I think) Ive almost given up trying to convert times, it makes my head hurt, I have enough trouble knowing what the time is here and certainly I have no idea of the time difference to Australia. School was great and everyone was really nice and funny and completely british. I thnik that I will enjoy it there but only time will tell I spose. I'm off now down the road to Trafalgar Square and I think I might see if I can find my way to Hyde park to picnic and hopefully see some more squirrels, I want to try to catch one (hmmm what would jason do?) or maybe not.

I haven't yet found an internet place that will take my camer so no photos but I will endevour to provide some by the weekend.

From London
Zac