Thursday, February 15, 2007

On my final day I rose early to get to the Guiness factory, which was a little disappointing, I definitely rate the Fosters tour on the Gold Coast much higher, the Guiness tour was not of the factory itself but rather a (very) large exhibit on the production and history of the beer and very touristy, however the free beer at the end was well worth it, nothing like a Guiness for morning tea :)

Then I found out what its like to be on one of those airline programs where people get stranded at airports. That night our plane was, first delayed due to a 'technical hitch' which about an hour later and 45 mins after our planned departure time turned into a cancellation - yay, but not a problem we could all fit onto the next flight, 2 hours later at 9:40 from the same gate. I became a little suspicious that this might not be possible as an hour and a half later I noticed that our first plane still had not been removed and a noticeable absence of any staff. Finally the new plane arrived at about 10 pm and I'll admit they clearly wanted a fast turn around, however I'll bet the driver of the luggage tractor regrets taking the corner so fast he tipped one of the trailers which kind of didn't help so much. Well we finally cleared customs at Heathrow about 12:15, just in time to miss the last tube into London which I needed to get home. My holiday therefore ended with 5 hours of 'airport camping' in which one attempts to sleep in seats which are designed to stop exactly that, I ended up catching some zs in a sega driving machine game which was just a little more comfortable.