Monday, April 02, 2007

My Classroom
At uni they teach you to say our classroom - it's the idea that if they think it belongs to them they'll treat it a bit better. Not true, anyone who knows teenagers knows that a number of them (mostly boys) don't, so it's MY classroom so you better damn well look after it and woe betide you if I catch you vandalising it. Though as you can see, it still happens, its taken 2 (out of 3) terms for it to make it to this state, so it's a slow decline and to be honest I didn't realise how crappy it looked until I looked at the photos, I really should have taken some of it before students arrived at the beginning of the school year.
They are not here at the because of Easter holidays, though sadly (and very un Englishly) as I have nothing better to do, I am back to tidy up a few things. Anyway, here you can see what it's like - I spend most of my time way up front and see the big radiator under the white board? yup, that's the one that can't be turned off, I get a sweat on just writing up the date! Whoever designed this classroom wasn't too smart. See the board on the left, that's an electronic whiteboard, you can play games and stuff and it writes directly onto the laptop, it's pretty cool, but often doesn't work. That when the tiny little whiteboard that's only 1/2 a metre wide comes in handy (not). Luckily the huge whiteboard is ideally placed to the side of the class, also very handy (again, not! Like i said, not too smart).
Right well holiday starts tomorrow then...