Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Who says we have too many holidays? (check for new posts on Paris below)

Unfortunately I don't have time to blog my first day in Paris as I have been marking tests all night! It's always interesting to see how students go and some of the crap answers, i.e. I have on where the question was "measure this angle" with a matching diagram, I have an answer, 35%, how?!? Actually today's haven't been too bad as they are both top sets, its the bottom sets which are the most entertaining, i.e. in answer to the question, draw another quadrilateral, next to a rectangle that was already drawn, the next question was name this triangle (drawn on page), to which the student answered, a quadrilateral triangle; aha, it's a triangle, it cant be a quadrilateral!!! well maybe that's only funny to maths teachers, certainly only funny to those who know what a quadrilateral is, or perhaps, sadly, maybe its only funny to me at 9pm after 3 straight hours of marking....

Still don't have a phone and may not again, but that's for the story on my last day in France.