Saturday, March 03, 2007

An astronomical event from the northern hemisphere - a full solar eclipse.

Headed out to Great Missenden with Marcel - the other NZ maths teacher, his girlfriend Mandy was working out at one of the pubs in the village, and while she was at work we headed over to Toni's (an NZ history teacher) and had dinner and sampled a few wines while enjoying the full solar eclipse. The wine didn't help the camera wobble but I got a couple of half decent pics. And found 'the pot' but it's upside down on this side of the world! After the eclipse we went down to the pub where Mandy was finishing work and we had a drink in front of the fire, when I am back I will miss the English country pub experience, open fires, people coming in for a drink with their dogs in 500 year old buildings. (my arm, Marcel's leg, Toni, seated in front of nice toasty open fire, no dogs visible)