Friday, May 25, 2007

The week that was...

Ok first up I will be in Spain for the next week and while I may have internet access will not have a working mobile phone because the useless company doesn't do roaming, barely even calls NZ and has poor service. Stay alert for a further mobile number.

Starting last Thursday, I quit work. It was that bad at school that I decided I didn't want to be at the school anymore and as I have adequate resources I didn't have to if I didn't want to and France was looking better and better. The following day I decided not to let the little bastards win and unquit and kicked a few out of the particular class and even the other students in the class are commenting on how much better it is without them. Also the last seven weeks is an extra bonus for the holiday fund.

Friday night I drowned my sorrows in a pint of coke at the pub (seriously coke, that's what they drink at the pub here) follows by the rubbish movie on the weekend. The one good thing was that all the year 11s, that's the 5th formers, left for exams, woohoo, I think we were more excited than them!

Monday was better and the countdown was on to the end of half term, oh and I started packing. Somehow, I have amassed an amazing amount of stuff in the last 9 months, it's like I'm a stuff magnet, I'm living light but I still have 4 carloads of stuff, up from the one suitcase I arrived with.

Tuesday I begin the big move. I don't know quite how to describe it other than THREE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS AND NO LIFT. A brand new apartment building in Aylsbury and the didn't put in a service lift. Up, down, up down up down up down up down up down ridiculous.

Wednesday. French class. Have you ever considered the sentence 'there is nobody there'? I mean you know what it means but to understand the words in a way that translates makes English seem pretty difficult let alone learning a new language. Anyway in French they have Il y a for the first there. Il y a des champignon dans le frigo. There is some mushrooms in the fridge. Handy.

Thursday. Finish moving and spend my first night with my new bed, a single air bed, it didn't go too bad and I slept well, even though we watched 'the worlds most embarrassing illnesses'. One of those awful things that's so horrific you can't not look and they showed everything, nasty! Also the clutch cable failed on the car, rather than try to get all the way home in second without stopping, though it was tempting.

Friday, last day of the half term. Found out it was going to cost almost as much as the car is worth to fix cable so decided against it, it's only a one wrench job in the haines so I'll give it a go when we get back from Spain, but I had been hoping the car would last till the end however it also decided to release the entire contents of the radiator, looks like we might be heading for a full systems failure.

Tomorrow. 4am departure for the airport and spain. miiiiiiid teeeeeeeermmmmmmmm breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!