Monday, May 21, 2007

Zodiac


On Saturday I went out with Marcel and Mandy to watch Zodiac. By the time advertising is included, that's 3hrs of my life I won't get back. It starts ok and then all of a sudden the murderer is shown graphically stabbing a couple, I mean I'm happy to watch people get shot in a James Bond movie but it turns out when they show a knife going into someone it doesn't surprise me that this sort of crime is so prevalent. When did we get so normalised to this sort of violence that it became ok to show thins in a R15? Anyway, turns out that's where the action stopped and the rest of the movie (supposedly a psychological thriller) is dedicated to the long story of how the murderer wasn't caught. Apparently it's based on a true story but they could have at least lied about that! Where's the closure? End result - don't waste your money - 2 stars (out of 5) The poster makes it look much more exciting than it is. No special effects either. Also there are a few photos of Wales added below, sorry if this annoys you but rather anally I have to have things posted in the order they happened rather than the order they are blogged.