Sunday, October 07, 2007

Je pleure avec vous

(even the French were surprised!)

And while you cried over your breakfast, I cried into my pillow, how could it happen, I am in France, everyone is of the opinion that The Cup should be ours and somehow we lost? Sack the coach I say! No point in being the best team in the world if you can't win the right games.

Well anyway, I realised how hard it is to catch up when you don't blog for a while but still do lots of stuff and now I see that they have the video thing here so I thought I would do a themed post of the videos taken over the last month or so.

Enjoy.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Phoenix Park in Nice which has lots of insects and lizards and bugs and the like. I went with a Swiss person and somehow we ended up having a boat race and even though she isn't particularly interested in America's cup, I made a point of it. You will be pleased to see that NZ has now at least something this year.

Strike!!! Need I say more?

The French have fun names for all things mechanical, scientific and the like - internaut, aeronaut and last week we went for a ride on the Visiobule which is just a glass bottomed boat but visiobule sounds so much more explorer and Jules Verne like don't you think?

And finally on Saturday we went to Nice for a picnic. Here is a video of us eating a gateau, it is delicious and custardy and spongy but unfortunately every time I ask the name at the boulangerie I can't pronounce it, let alone say it. You don't see me eating it because I am taking the video.

Ok, an the most annoying message, I am trying to log into hotmail, and I get an error message: You must be logged in to do that. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't even know where to start!

Bon nuit...