Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Monopoly

(its the same word)


Ok so this post is closer to the last than the last to the next to last. I think. Not a huge amount happening at the moment, the regular boss is back from his holiday in Thailand and yesterday was my first day working with him, he is much better to work for than the other and rather amusingly my first job was to rather tactfully translate a letter written in poor english from a love interest from his holiday. Later I had to translate his reply into English, at times I couldn't find a good translation so I had to make it as best I could, I can now understand how the treaty went wrong and can sympathise with the guy who translated it. And I learnt of the dangers of using the internet when it translated
"je pensais te revoir avant mon départ mais je n'ai pas pu et je le regrette beaucoup" to "
I thought of re-examining you before my departure but I could not and I regret it much" which I was reasonably sure he did not want to say so I changed it to "I though of seeing you again..."


Later on I played a game of French monopoly which features French streets of which I had visited two and it was in Francs! Fun. By popular consent I came 2nd after Snaedis (Icelandic) but ahead of Maria Luiza (Brazilian) which was strange because Snaedis picked the game. Rematch on Friday, yup things are really exciting here now the summer is over.