Wednesday, October 24, 2007

MIKA

All I can say is that it was well worth waiting 3 hours in the queue to get the best seats at the concert. I sat comfortably at the front of the seated section with Irene, Paula and Snaedis while the others went down into the sweaty heaving mass of humanity that is the standing area. They were lucky enough to be within three or four people to the stage. Concert was fantastic, that is until it finished with a grand finale and upon leaving discovered (without surprise) that the French public transport system had no public transport after 10:50pm when we left the concert. Thus we found ourselves stranded many miles from home and after a hot chocolate which (very surprisingly) cost 4.60 - it was good but not that good. We took two taxis home at a cost of 70 euro each taxi!!! Which was a 50% increase in the cost for the evening. Pas bon but I would have paid the total just for the concert anyway. Check out his new song here.